Friday, April 13, 2012

Temporary Relocation

My husband might be temporarily relocating for a job that his company is doing in Stamford, Ct. Since my last child is off to college in the fall, I will be coming with my husband. Although I have never been to Rhode Island, except through the travel magazines, it looks like a great place. I have been to Connecticut many times and although I love it there, I was thinking about staying in the Rhode Island area, possibly buying a vacation home. What would be a convenient location to Stamford and a beautiful vacation spot in Rhode Island? Close to the water or near a small village are fine. Newport looks great, but definitely too long of a commute. Definitely want intimate shops and restaurants. Thanks so much in advance.





Temporary Relocation


You might want to look at Wickford, RI or Downtown East Greenwich, RI. They both are old New England towns with some great little shops and some very cute houses. East Greenwich is right off of 95 so it would be easy to get over to Stamford. Wickford is a little farther but only by 10-15 minutes.



Temporary Relocation


Check out Westerly -- we%26#39;re located in the southwestern corner of RI, off the last exit in RI on Rt. 95 before you go into CT. We have a great beach area, a sweet downtown area with interesting shops and restaurants. Also part of Westerly is Watch Hill, with magnificent houses and another great shopping area (mostly in the summer). Westerly has a great arts community, too. Check out the Westerly/Pawcatuck Chamber of Commerce website for more info.





FYI -- Because Stamford is so far west in CT, it will probably take a couple of hours to get to Westerly from there. But if you%26#39;re thinking of a place in RI, Westerly is probably the closest.




Also, westerly is only a 2 hour train ride away from stamford. There are stops in both towns and it is a nice ride along the coastline.





I think I saw you post in the CT forum too asking a similar question. I live in CT but grew up in RI so I may be biased but I believe you would be much more satisfied with a house in RI than in CT; the coast lines dont even compare.





This is especially about Candlewood lake in Danbury . I work in Danbury and belive me, it is no destination.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment