Monday, April 23, 2012

providence to new york cruise port by bus

I%26#39;m taking a cruise from New York tothe Bahamas in July, traveling with husband and 2 girls 9 and 11. Ive been told the bus is the way to go as opposed to driving or flying.



Somehow the thought of sitting on a bus for 4 hours with kids is not that appealing however, maybe I%26#39;m wrong




Has anyone done this or have advice.



I live in mass. but am equal distance from both providence and boston.



providence to new york cruise port by bus


I travel back and forth between nyc and providence quite often, if I can I always prefer the bus or the train.





Amtrak has a lot of good price options, I think especially for kid%26#39;s tickets (ages 2-15). its something like buy one get one half off or buy one get one free, I cant remember but it is listed under their promotions on their web site. Also if you book up to three days in advance you can use many of their discounts, I have used AAA for a 10% discount but there are other promotions that might get you a bigger fare descrease if you poke around on their web site.



amtrak.com Amtrak regional service trains are clean and comfortable too, you dont need to buy an acela ticket.





I prefer the train since there is no traffic and it travels along the coastline for a while in connecticut.





The bus is not bad though, bonanza bus runs nice clean comfortable buses between providence and new york non-stop and they have tvs and play movies too. I%26#39;m not sure about price breaks. The only downside to it is that it can not get around the traffic so in a way you take a chance if time is of the essence in your planning. Plus kids might be more excited to take a train ride if they have never done it.





But yes, in my opinion either of these options is preferable to driving, especially in the summer! 95 is a total nightmare down here. Plus, you dont want to have to pay to park your car in NYC for days, it will cost a fortune! At least get some relief from the traffic with that money :).



providence to new york cruise port by bus


thanks for the advice, i think i might try the train

No comments:

Post a Comment