Friday, April 13, 2012

a place to stay..

My husband and I are planning a 3 day trip to Newport next week.



We want to stay in a hotel close to the ocean (harbor?), nice restaurants and major tourist sites. Can you recommend us a place to stay? Also we are traveling from long island with our car and need a ferry information that allows loading cars. Can you tell me where I can get that information? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!



a place to stay..


For ferry info:





http://www.longislandferry.com/





The Hyatt on Goat island overlooks the harbor. The Mariott is across the street from the harbor. The Newport Harbor Hotel is is closed for renovations right now.



a place to stay..


Phillygo,





We visited Newport for a 3 day romantic getaway and stayed at the Marshall Slocum Inn. We loved it -- we took advantage of the Gilded Getaway Special, which included tickets to mansions, a sailing excursion, dinner at a very nice restaurant, and a lobster dinner at the Inn. While I understand that the Inn is under new mgmt since our visit, I looked at the website and it appears as lovely as I recall (possibly even nicer.) (I was trying to figure out which room we stayed in -- it may have been the Slocum Room) We were able to walk to all attractions, but the Inn was in a nice, quiet neighborhood.





Enjoy your trip!





p.s. Don%26#39;t miss the Clam Chowder at the Black Pearl on the waterfront!


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment