Friday, April 13, 2012

Hydrangea or Malborne?

Looking for an inn or hotel, within a short walking distance to shops or restaurants...Which is better? Do any of them have full length mirrors in the bathrooms, or should I say are the bathrooms at least of moderate size? I am staying in Newport for a wedding



Hydrangea or Malborne?


I haven%26#39;t stayed at the Hydrangea but the Francis Malbone is a terrific. Every review written on this site is pretty accurate. The inn is immaculate, the food is terrific, there are a number of common areas to sit and relax, the location is right on Thames, which is close to shopping and restaurants and the service is impeccable. I don%26#39;t know what else you might want but they certainly seem to anticipate and satisfy every need a a visitor might require. They are not inexpensive, but then again, anything in that town during anything but the winter months is going to cost you more than average. In this case, it is well worth the expense. Please understand that this is a very old but impeccably well maintained inn. It is not a hotel. While some rooms are larger than others, and all are very comfortable, it is not on the size of some hotel rooms you might be used to visiting.. But if you%26#39;re looking for a unique experince, The Francis Malbone House will more than satisfy those needs. My wife and I do a fair amount of traveling and this place is one of the very few that I%26#39;d feel comfortable suggesting. I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s a negative response on these reviews. There%26#39;s an obvious reason why.



Hydrangea or Malborne?


I would stay in an inn over a hotel any day. When I travel i try to choose properties with distinction and class,something that might make me say wow this place is awesome I cant believe someone lived here type response. The two choices that you are currently looking at seem to be apples and oranges apart from each other especially on price. I know Malbone is much more expensive than Hydrangea House.




Not really Hydrangea%26#39;s room is 30$ less Malbone chepest rooms..Anyway, decided to stay at Marshall Slocum House based on the great reviews when the new owners took over...Only spent $594 for 3 nights...Going to Bermuda that same month so really couldnt go to Hydrangea or Frances Malbone..Thanks for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment