Friday, March 30, 2012

sunday brunch

My husband and I are coming to Newport for our anniversary over Mothers Day weekend. I thought a really nice brunch could be found there.....Does anyone have any suggestions? We are looking for atmosphere as well as great food. The date is 5-13-07. I assume most places will be open if they do close for the winter months. Thanks!



sunday brunch


The Alanatic Beach Club right next to Eason Beach is great.



sunday brunch


Castle Hill has a great brunch, and the views are great. Also, over in Jamestown, the Bay Voyage has a nice brunch as well. You%26#39;ll need reservations for most places for Mother%26#39;s Day.





A little more casual, Brick Alley (on Thames Street) and the La Forge (Next to/overlooking the Tennis Hall Of Fame)




Also the Spiced Pear at the Chanler....




I%26#39;d have second milemarker0 choice of Castle Hill. It%26#39;s one of the better locations on the Island.




I figured I would need reservations - that is why I am looking now - thanks for your help. How far is the Bay Voyage from Newport? We aren%26#39;t familiar with the area....I have heard of the Chanler (spelling?) but didn%26#39;t know if it was a touristy kind of place.




I didn%26#39;t mean the Chanler , I meant Castle Hill - That is my first choice but didn%26#39;t know if I was choosing just because it is popular on websites. Thanks for all of your imput!




Bay Voyage is across the Newport Bridge to the Island of Jamestown....it overlooks the Bay towards Newport. About a 10 minute Drive from Newport (plus toll)





www.bayvoyageinn.com





Castle Hill the views and service can%26#39;t be beat....you pay for it though.





www.innatcastlehill.com




I booked us at the castle rock inn - at $55 per person for brunch is pricey but we aren%26#39;t spending much on lodging (attwater inn) so we can justify it - thanks for the recommendation. We are lookin forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment