Friday, March 30, 2012

Private driver needed

Does anyone have any information on hiring a private driver for the day in Newport? There will be four of us coming into town the 15th of September and we are looking for basically someone to just drive us around. We already know what we want to do (for the most part) and wonder if this is a service we can get here... or would we be better off to get a taxi at the port and else where?





Thanks for any information



Private driver needed


I posted on your other message that I driver is not really necessary. If you didn%26#39;t feel like walking, you could call a cab up to the mansions, but there are also trolleys that go up there as well.





There is a guy that offers private tours of Newport, but if you already know where you want to go, i%26#39;d either use the trolleys, walk, or call a cab.



Private driver needed




I agree that you don%26#39;t really need a driver. I have lived here for 10 years - have a brand new Acuraq RDX that will easily hold 4 passenger and would be happy to work something out with you. If you are interested let me know.





Things you will probably want to do -





Shop



Eat Drink



Mansions



Drive around Ocean Drive -



Walk the Cliff walk




i agree with milemarker...next week will be my fourth trip to newport and i have been able to go wherever i wanted by bus, trolley or cab...mostly bus and trolley. RIPTA is pretty good on the island.





Enjoy your visit..it%26#39;s a lovely town.




Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the response. I think we will be able to handle it with the trolley. That sounded like the best thing to me. I don%26#39;t mind walking everywhere, but my mom won%26#39;t be able to walk like me, so... if we could get a trolley to the mansions and then back... we are good for walking around all the shopping and dining area. For some strange reason, my mother can walk much better around the shopping centers? Does anyone else have this strange occurance?




Yup - I can do everything better around shopping centers.....have a good trip.




hyla, just to let you know..there%26#39;s not a lazier person on EARTH than me and I am extremely out of shape but I have no trouble getting round newport on foot. go over to thames street and shop the tourist traps...they%26#39;re fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment