Friday, April 27, 2012

Admiral Fitzroy vs. Harborside Inn

I am travelling to New England for business and am looking to stay in Newport Jan. 15 - 19 and based upon price and availability have narrowed my hotel/B%26amp;B options to Admiral Fitzroy and Harborside Inn.



Any opinions on which to choose?





Thanks



Admiral Fitzroy vs. Harborside Inn


I chose the Harborside Inn so I will have a forthcoming review.



Admiral Fitzroy vs. Harborside Inn


They are right across the street from each. Harborside is on the water, Fitzroy on Thames St. The company that owns the Fitzroy does a top notch job of maintaining their buildings very professional staff. The company that owns the Harborside create more motel-feeling properties and amenties. My vote would be the Fitzroy. Hope you enjoy Newport - You%26#39;re coming at a quiet time. Know that not all shops will be open and some restaurants might be closed for renovations. If you%26#39;ld like more suggestions, I%26#39;ve lived in Newport for twenty years and would be happy to advise. Email me at msgh2929@yahoo.com




I found out that the Fitzroy is closed Tues. and Wed. night (half of my stay). This must be a winter slow time operating schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment