Thursday, April 26, 2012

Castle Hill Pre-Fix or Brunch Price?

Hi, I%26#39;ve read lots of reviews on how pricey (but some say worth it) eating at Castle Hill is. Can anyone tell me the average price of their pre-fixe dinner or the price of brunch there? Thanks in advance!



Castle Hill Pre-Fix or Brunch Price?


I%26#39;ve been to Castle Hill a few times, personally...while the food is very good--you are paying for the atmosphere. I spent a weekend there last year for a friends wedding, even the wedding food was good! However, afternoon tapas and drinks outside was around $100 for two people. The scenery is beautiful, but $20 for a spinach salad is a little rich? If you have it to spare--go to dinner and enjoy! If you%26#39;re on a budget--you can have brunch outside as a little splurge. Or you can just take a walk on the grounds and enjoy the scenery--we did that on many occasions when my friend was shopping for a wedding day locale :) The dress during the day is casually upscale--don%26#39;t walk around the main house area in beach clothes.



Castle Hill Pre-Fix or Brunch Price?


Thanks so much for the info and advice!




Castle Hill%26#39;s three course menu is about $65 and the five courses are around $100. The Sunday Brunch varies from a la carte to fixed price buffet, depending on the time of the year--figure on $50 per person. All prices above are without alcoholic drinks.


It%26#39;s expensive, but you get what you pay for; the place is usually busy, even in the winter, so it must be worth the money for a lot of people. My husband and I go there often, and I know some who dine there three/four times a month and feel it%26#39;s the best food in RI, and beyond.


It all comes down to whether you prefer to eat out, or dine out. If it%26#39;s simply a matter of eating, there are many less expensive choices. If you enjoy fine dining, then there are few establishments that can be compared to Castle Hill, locally or regionally.




Thanks so much-this is exactly the info I was looking for. That%26#39;s actually not as steep as I thought it might be! Sounds great.




After I wrote the last response I checked the website, and found I was wrong about a couple of things. The five course meal is $75, and $110 with wines, and there is an eight course meal for $85, and $140 with paired wines.



Best thing to do is check their website and then call them if there are further questions.



If you go there I hope your experience is as good as ours usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment