Tuesday, April 24, 2012

newport mansions

I%26#39;m going to newport Rhode Island and want to see ';the must see mansions'; . Can anyone help me out.


Also, if I walk the cliff walk can I get to the mansions this way



newport mansions


My favorite was always Marble House because of the neat tea house in the back yard. The ';big cheese'; on the road is the Breakers and while beautiful can be very crowded. I always take people to the Marble House or Rosecliff.





It is a matter of opinion though, they are all beautiful and along the same street.



newport mansions


you can see many mansions from cliffwalk but there are only a few places to get on or off. You can get off at the Breakers and see that. There is a trolley that takes you to many of the mansions depending on what you want to see




Rough Point is by far the best mansion BTW. YOu can%26#39;t beat Doris Duke%26#39;s pricelss art and antiques. Marble house and Elms are probably my next favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment