Thursday, April 26, 2012

What to do?

We are thinking of a weeklong trip to Block Island in late July. I am not that into outdoor activities (hiking, fishing, etc.) I like the beach, but not all day, every day. I like restaurants %26amp; bars.





Based on that info, do you think a week is good for me, or would a long weekend be better? I don%26#39;t want to be bored!





Thanks!



What to do?


Based on that information, I would say a long weekend would be better for you. The appeal of Block Island is that while there are resaturants and bars, a person would go there to spend their days lounging at the beach, bike riding around the island or sitting on the porch with a good book. There arent rows of streets to wander around shopping in like on a bigger island such as Nantucket. There are good restaurants to hang out in and have a drink but it is not as much of a scene as other destinations.





Dont get me wrong, it is a beautiful place and I really love it there but If you want a place more balanced to do both of those things in Rhode Island, Newport might be more your speed.





What to do?


I agree with citychicky. There are great bars and restuarants, excellent spots to listen to music and people watch, but the beaches and tranquility are the true draws to BI. A day or two of shopping, day or two at the beach, maybe rent a moped, check out the Historical Society, art galleries, etc. Then you can.......not much left if you aren%26#39;t into riding bikes, hiking, fishing, or other outdoor activities. Plus booking a full week in July might be tough at this point.


  • cleansing products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment