Friday, April 27, 2012

Surfing

Does anyone have any experience surfing at block island? I would imagine that there could be some decent waves.





Yes?



Surfing


Except for after storms, the wave action at BI is pretty tame. A lot more people sailboard than surf there. But boogie-boarding can be fun.



Surfing


I don%26#39;t surf but I know that the waves are huge down by Mohegan bluffs. Unfortunately the bluffs erode more and more each year so it%26#39;s difficult to get down to the beach, although people manage to do it because it can be quite crowded during the day. If you go you may not want to go during peak times, however, I wouldn%26#39;t recommend going alone because the waves can be pretty rough at times.




I don%26#39;t think anywhere around BI shoals up enough to get a decent, distant enough break to surf in actually. However, Narragansett Town Beach, Point Judith Light, The Trestle in Matunuck are all good spots. I have not seen to many surfers out on Block Island.


  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment