Thursday, April 26, 2012

Federal Hill and Nightlife... how is it down there?

Hello all, I have only driven through Providence and I think its about time I get down there to check it out.





I always hear about Federal Hill and would like to check it out. What is an awsome pizza parlor or restaurant to go to on Federal Hill?







What else is there to do besides Federal Hill.. How is the night life down there? I imagine a blast!







I am going to have to stay at a hotel down there and check it out for a night. Anyone know a good hotel close to the action?





Also, what are the top clubs down there fpr a 23 yr old male who loves to meet a lot of people and doesnt care about music. And in people I mean females around my age, but I have to watch how I post on here because the TA police get ticked off (I asked a similar question in the France forum and they threatened to ban me).







:o)



Federal Hill and Nightlife... how is it down there?


Hi!





I went to school in Providence...and loved it. It%26#39;s only gotten better over the years.





I like Sicilia%26#39;s Pizza for a ';stuffed pizza'; -- Ceasertas is also good and famous for it%26#39;s pizza. Federal Hill has so many great restaurants -- I don%26#39;t think that I could just pick one. Mediterranao%26#39;s, JOE MARZILLI%26#39;S OLD CANTEEN (my favorite), Cassarino%26#39;s....Blue Grotto....Yummy!





I%26#39;m not sure of the new clubs/bars in the downtown...it%26#39;s been a while. I do know that there is a vibrant nightlife. I don%26#39;t know your budget, but the Courtyard downtown is convienently located, as well as the Holiday Inn at Federal Hill (Atwells).





Enjoy!



Federal Hill and Nightlife... how is it down there?


I agree with the previous post in recommending Casertas Pizza, its the best!




Hello



I lived in Federal hill for 8 years (just moved out of Prov and into Boston)



Also agree Casertas is fantastic. My boyfriend can%26#39;t get enough. Just order cheese, don%26#39;t get fancy and you will not be dissapointed.



In my opionion Sicilias has really gone down hill and the service is slowww. Also avoid Cassarinos at all costs. This place used to be fantastic but my last 2 meals there were beyond disgusting.



Alot of people like Mediterneo for fine dinning but I find that the ambiance is better than the food. If you want an outstanding ';higher-end'; meal in Federal Hill you should try Aqua Viva, across from Oyster Bar. Been going there for years and have never had a bad meal.




No-one has answered you%26#39;re question about nightlife :)





Federal Hill has some great places to eat--some feature bars that are great for mingling after dinner. Zooma, excellent Sangria and a very cool atmosphere...but head towards the East Side for some nightlife. Thayer Street has Viva in Cafe Paragon (also good eats)...popular with Brown and RISD, has Euro Dance Music, Electronica. Fish Co and the Hot Club are on South Water Street both fairly casual. Hot Club, no dance floor, outside deck...very crowded on Friday (especially after work) and Saturday nights. Fish Co is next door and features Top 40, also has outside deck (and a dance floor) both are along the water--popular durning summer. You can also check out Olive%26#39;s (South Main Street) and Bevo (near Fish Co and HotClub) both local martini bars--Olive%26#39;s has live music many nights. There are more places right in downcity--but they tend to be 18+ and very immature.





Lupo%26#39;s at the Strand, Met Cafe and the Call are all good for live music.





Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment